A client has asked me to help find a contractor. It’s an exciting six month project with a new start-up business. Please read the job and person specification below and if it’s of interest to you, please Contact Me and use the heading – Exploring Opportunities
A rapidly growing startup business in its third year of trading is looking for a contractor to help them build and deliver an exciting project. The company has created a paradigm shift in the way their products are made, marketed and sold and are looking for new avenues to help drive their sales.
They believe every pet is different and provide individually tailored products for each and every pet. With tremendous consumer engagement and tens of thousands of customers, the company wants to test their model in the veterinary channel. They are convinced that a great way to influence pet health is by partnering with vets to make recommendations.
This role will help define how the company approaches sales in the veterinary channel, explores business development options and seeks feedback from the veterinary community. It could be a pivotal moment because the animal health and business benefits of establishing a virtuous circle between the vet, the consumer and the company are huge!
Where is the job based?
South-West London, UK.
- Express Interest by Contacting Me and providing contact details for response
- Provide CV and covering letter explaining why you fit the bill for this role to me.
- First round interview call on SKYPE. This will include a task.
- Second round interview for shortlisted candidates with my client in SW London.
- Working with the Director of New Ventures, Head Vet and external consultant scope and plan a project to introduce the test concept to vets.
- Working with the business management team, establish resource needs, budget, key performance indicators and project tracking needs.
- Working with the wider business, engage key stakeholders in the project as part of a virtual team and implement appropriate workflow and project management processes.
- Build implementation steps for test project, ensure all required resources are in place and implement plan.
- Be customer facing at all events, shows and take all opportunities to recruit veterinary customers to the test project.
- Build customer engagement through communications, campaigns, social media and activities. Ensure that customer data is managed appropriately and develop sales processes and strategies to support the test project.
- Produce board level report on the project implementation and propose options for next steps dependent on test outcomes.
- Direct – Director of New Ventures
- Indirect – Head Vet and External Consultant
- Head of Creative and creative team
- Veterinary Team
- Customer Service Team
- Finance Team
- Data analytics team
- External partners – vet congresses, trade press and vet customers
- Start: 1/9/2017 or as soon as possible
- Finish: 28/2/2018
The contract is for six months in the first instance. Subject to project success and business development needs, opportunities for extension of the contract or full time employment may exist.
Salary & benefits
Salary: £ to be confirmed: PAYE, holidays and company benefits for term of contract.
- Vibrant workplace and dynamic team with work hard, play hard ethic.
- Bring your (well behaved) dog to work.
- Free breakfast, great coffee, Friday and monthly team drinks.
We’re looking for a customer focused person with a strong commercial mindset, experienced at building and leading projects and preferably with some exposure or knowledge of the veterinary sector.
- Customer focused and experienced in customer management.
- Commercial expertise and strong financial competencies.
- Self-starter, used to working autonomously.
- Highly engaging individual, used to working across teams.
- Highly Excel, Word and PowerPoint literate.
- Knowledge of the veterinary sector, especially working in business development role.
- Network of veterinary contacts in profession and/or trade.
- Business Development experience.
- Experience in bringing new products to market.
- Collaborative – able to build relationships, communicate widely and influence teams to generate success.
- Courageous – innovative and not afraid to push the boundaries, recovering quickly from set backs and maintaining enthusiasm even when things get tough.
- Strategic – bringing fresh perspectives and with a clear vision for the success of the project.
Results oriented – great analytical skills, sound decision making and tenacity in building and executing plans.